PT Therapist needed – the ideal candidate has experience working with survivors of domestic and sexual violence, crisis management and telehealth work history. Clinical License required. Hours- 10hrs/week; work schedule- flexible. Rate: $25/hr. Short-term contractual. Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trauma Therapist is responsible for providing trauma informed individual and group therapeutic services to support survivors who have experienced sexual violence; adults and adolescents who have experienced intimate partner violence and children who have witnessed IVP as well as supporters. The Trauma Therapist has a productivity requirement of 70% and is expected to independently manage a case load to ensure that all clients receive timely services. Therapy will be provided for a period of six months to a year after intake at TurnAround.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Provides direct mental health services to clients who have experienced sexual violence as a child or adult; clients who have experienced or witnessed Intimate partner violence; supporters.
- Incorporates trauma-informed care philosophy, practices and strategies in all activities.
- Provide trauma informed and culturally competent, individual, and group counseling for survivors of sexual trauma and crisis counseling as needed
- Provides therapy for adults, children and adolescent survivors of sexual violence, and their nonoffending family members, partners, guardians or loved ones
- Facilitates survivor support groups
- Maintain caseload of individual clients
- Implement trainings to professional groups and organizations
- Completes data collection, data entry and required reports and other related administrative paperwork in accordance with program timelines and standards.
- Attend internal and external meetings with staff
- Provide helpline backup coverage as needed
- Promote, support and demonstrate TurnAround’s mission, vision and values through both behavior and job performance and adhere to policies, procedures, and standards on a day to day basis
- Effectively coordinates client care with other service providers and community resources to assure continuity of care as needed
- Works in collaboration with caregivers of children to problem solve; assist caregivers with behavioral management techniques
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling or a related field
- Valid Clinical License in Maryland (LCSW-C, LMSW, LCPC, LGPC)
- Knowledge of issues of sexual trauma and gender-based violence
- Proven experience with trauma informed counseling
- Demonstrates cultural competency in working with a diverse population
- The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Thrives in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of database management systems
- Two evenings is required
- Bi-lingual highly encouraged to apply
- 2+ years direct clinical service with survivors of sexual violence required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with experience. TurnAround provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, in addition to paid time off during agency’s winter break; flexible schedule; 403b, health insurance contribution, life insurance and ongoing training.
HOURS: Position is full-time, standard 9:00am- 5:00pm Mon.- Thurs. 9:00am-4:00pm Fridays, with two evenings (until 8pm) each week
Location: Therapist will be located out of the Baltimore County office location.
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and cover letter to Roxanne Melgar, LCSW-C email@example.com.