What to Expect From Us
When you call TurnAround, you can expect to be met with compassion and immediate assistance. All of our services for survivors are provided free of charge.
When you call for support:
- You will be connected with one of our intake coordinators.
- You will be scheduled to come in for an intake appointment.
- Appointments can be scheduled at our City or Towson location.
- Our intake coordinators can connect you with a therapist, client service coordinator, legal advocate or an attorney.
If you call for case management/advocacy:
- At TurnAround, there are advocates/case managers at both our Baltimore City and Towson locations. Our Anti-Trafficking program is based out of the city office only.
- When you call, think about what you need assistance with – legal, housing, emotional support, basic needs, etc. That will help us connect you to the right person.
- Depending on your needs, you may need to come in and meet with an advocate/case manager in person.
When you call for shelter:
- You will be connected with the residential program manager who will determine how we can support your housing needs.
- Our staff is knowledgeable in exploring all viable options to ensure you and your family are safe.
TurnAround’s goal is always to ensure that survivors of sexual and intimate-partner violence are safe. We work with our clients to reach goals and develop a community of support. Whether you are working with a therapist, advocate or case manager, you will always be met with compassion and a desire to help. Through our empowerment-based model, we understand that every individual is unique. Our goal is to support you on your journey.